[Note] Hello - this is an old post that I’ve moved over from my Tumblr. I’ve just copied the words and pictures across.
OMGAAAD this was difficult and boring to photograph. Sorry about how much yawn-face I’m serving.
I’m so pleased with this t-shirt. Since I made it on a regular sewing machine (ie not a serger) it is liable to fall apart the second I wash it, but I really can’t believe how well it turned out. That’s probably because I stabilised the hem and seams.
I made it from some very stretchy cyan jersey that found in the remnants bin at http://raystitch.co.uk/. The pattern is http://grainlinestudio.com/2011/11/15/pattern-tutorial-scout-full-back-pattern/. I altered the pattern quite a bit. I’ve made a jersey Scout before so based on how that one turned out I made the neckline higher, and the body and sleeves longer. I also split the front piece in half so I could add a slit pocket, I’ve attempted slit pockets before and they are a real fiddle, so I’m pretty chuffed how this one turned out.
I also embroidered some goo coming out of the pocket. I wish the goo was a little more lime and less minty (there was no lime embroidery floss in John Lewis) but other than that I’m happy with how it looks.
For christmas Lachie bought me an introduction to embroidery class from http://raystitch.co.uk/classes.html, it was really fun, mostly because I got to hang out with a bunch of women who all like sewing